[Arm-dev] cheap adapter for the serial ports

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 5 22:57:07 UTC 2016

On 01/05/2016 09:48 AM, Troy Dawson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
> <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 01/05/2016 03:12 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>
>          Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>             You can get the converters really cheap on ebay. Every
>             board I have has
>             one permanently installed, so I can always get into the
>             console.  I buy
>             them in a 5 unit lot from a china supplier at $5 for the lot.
>
>         Could you please share the name/URL of the supplier you use,
>         please ?
>

>     Sure,
>
>     I just ordered to restock my supply:
>
>     http://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-NEW-CP2102-USB-2-0-to-UART-TTL-6PIN-Module-Serial-Converter-Free-Cables-GM/262136735143?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D782c6d9e9b6347849be5bcf90bc3e659%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D271855289144
>
>     But simply put
>
>     USB TTL
>
>     Into your ebay search and you will find plenty of these. Choose
>     what best fits your sourcing, quantity, delivery schedule, style.
>
>     All my arm boards have one permanently installed for console
>     access.  I only need 3 wires:  TX, RX, GRD.
>
>     This is why I am upset with the pcDuino Nano Lite in that I cannot
>     get one working on it.  I am actually going to rate this board as
>     a "don't buy" for a server platform becuase of it.  I look at this
>     as a much better way to manage a lot of servers than a KVM box
>     that I use to use with my Intel servers.
>

> Hi Robert,
> If you have an image around, you might want to try the Fedora 22 image
> on the pcDuino3 Nano Lite.

No pcDuino3 uboot in F22.  The only uboots are:

A10-OLinuXino-Lime   beagle         highbank     panda udoo_quad
A10s-OLinuXino-M     beaglebone     jetson-tk1   paz00 uevm
A13-OLinuXino        cm_fx6         Mele_A1000   riotboard wandboard_dl
A13-OLinuXinoM       Cubieboard     Mele_A1000G  smdkv310 wandboard_quad
A20-OLinuXino_MICRO  Cubieboard2    Mini-X       snow wandboard_solo
arndale              Cubietruck     Mini-X-1Gb   snowball
Bananapi             db-mv784mp-gp  origen       trimslice