[Arm-dev] community buildsys

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Jan 6 12:53:54 UTC 2016

On 06/01/16 13:31, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 06/01/16 13:23, Nick Betteridge wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> I recently made a request to community buildsys arm32 so that I
>> can understand the build process and then try and do a do a
>> build for an olimex olinuxino A20 board.
>
>> In addition, I've just received a Pine64 board and wouldn't mind
>> trying to do a build for that too. Do I need to resubmit the
>> request for buildsys - arm64 with the same keys?
>
>> Cheers Nick
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> The community buildsys arm32 (plague build-farm) is just composed
> of plague/mock builders. If you're interested in testing/supporting
> a specific board, the first thing to do would be to see if the
> board requires : - specific firmware - specific kernel - specific
> uboot
>
> If current uboot has support (image) for that board
> (http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/extras/armhfp/Packages/uboot-images-armv7-2015.10-4.el7.noarch.rpm),

then it's just a matter of using rbf (and so not on the plague
> build-farm) to test an image. Obviously I can do that , if being
> pointed to the uboot image to include for that image.

Just adding that it seems uboot image exist for that board, but I see
multiple ones :

if you extract the content of that
uboot-images-armv7-2015.10-4.el7.noarch.rpm, you'll see that it
contains :
|-- A20-Olimex-SOM-EVB
|   `-- u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
|-- A20-OLinuXino-Lime
|   `-- u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
|-- A20-OLinuXino-Lime2
|   `-- u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
|-- A20-OLinuXino_MICRO
|   `-- u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin

Just by looking at
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/open-source-hardware , I
don't know which one you have.
I can try to build multiple variants, but what you can do is the
following too :

- - Follow the instruction to transfer a "generic" board (use the
Cubietruck image)
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32?highlight=%28arm32%29#head-d9feb4cde1956642a4a4e36b81a7e17b53a30805
- - Once done, replace the uboot image with the one corresponding to
your board : (be careful about destination device as mentioned above)
dd if=$UBOOT of=$DISKIMAGE bs=1024 seek=8 conv=fsync,notrunc

- From that point, it would normally be ok (assuming that the uboot
image is the correct one, of course.

If you don't feel confident, just give us the more details about your
board, and I'll generate an image that I'll put on dev.centos.org for
testing.

Cheers,

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab