[Arm-dev] updates status

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 13 04:24:13 UTC 2016

On 01/06/2016 08:54 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 06/01/16 14:46, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I see that there are no updates available since the build.
>>
>> I hope that soon we will be getting updates.  It is one thing to
>> put up a simple web server.  For my DNS server, I want to know I am
>> getting somewhat regular bind updates.
>>
>> Also as I previously mentioned I have found programs that are not
>> in the base like spamassasin.
>>
>> The bigger project is getting activity on epel for arm so we can do
>> a decent mail server.
>>
>> thanks!
> Are we missing updates ?
> Afaik we're up2date with updates. The only newer packages that
> appeared for x86_64 si are kernel/grub2, which we don't use.
>
> For specific packages missing from
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.2.1511/os/armhfp/ , reaons can be
> that :
> - - package failed to build
> - - package built succesfully, but depends itself on failed package[s]
>
> Dont forget that , for repoclosure, all built package but having deps
> on missing packages, weren't included in the os repository pushed to
> mirror.centos.org
>
> For Spamassassin, I see that it built for C.7.1503 :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-pass-1/spamassassin/3.4.0-1.el7/armv7hl/
> So now you can chase after the missing Requires: pkgs, see what's the
> build issue, and propose a fix/patch ;-)

# yum install spamassassin
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
base                                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00
epel                                                     | 2.9 kB     00:00
extras                                                   | 2.9 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 2.9 kB     00:00
(1/2): extras/7/armhfp/primary_db                          |  11 kB   00:06
(2/2): updates/7/armhfp/primary_db                         | 133 kB   00:07
Determining fastest mirrors
No package spamassassin available.
Error: Nothing to do

It is not in the repo, either base or updates.