[Arm-dev] updates status

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Jan 13 11:35:09 UTC 2016

On 13/01/16 06:15, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 01/13/2016 06:24 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> Are we missing updates ? Afaik we're up2date with updates. The
>>> only newer packages that appeared for x86_64 si are
>>> kernel/grub2, which we don't use.
>>>
>>> For specific packages missing from
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.2.1511/os/armhfp/ , reaons
>>> can be that : - - package failed to build - - package built
>>> succesfully, but depends itself on failed package[s]
>>>
>>> Dont forget that , for repoclosure, all built package but
>>> having deps on missing packages, weren't included in the os
>>> repository pushed to mirror.centos.org
>>>
>>> For Spamassassin, I see that it built for C.7.1503 :
>>> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-pass-1/spamassassin/3.4.0-1.el7/armv7hl/
>>>

>>> So now you can chase after the missing Requires: pkgs, see
>>> what's the build issue, and propose a fix/patch ;-)
>>
>> # yum install spamassassin Loaded plugins: fastestmirror base
>> | 3.6 kB 00:00 epel
>> | 2.9 kB 00:00 extras
>> | 2.9 kB 00:00 updates
>> | 2.9 kB 00:00 (1/2): extras/7/armhfp/primary_db
>> |  11 kB 00:06 (2/2): updates/7/armhfp/primary_db
>> | 133 kB 00:07 Determining fastest mirrors No package
>> spamassassin available. Error: Nothing to do
>>
>> It is not in the repo, either base or updates.
>
> what Fabian meant was that for packages which are not in the 7.2
> repos yet,  you should start looking for them in the buildlogs of
> the older release(s) -- 7.1.1503 in the particular case of SA.
> Download the package from the URL pointed to by Fabian, add it to
> your local repo, retry installing. wash, rinse, repeat for any deps
> that arise.

Yeah, that's what I meant :-)
otoh, I just had a quick look at that one, and it can be installed
automatically with the base repo, so something not caught by my
compose_tree script it seems.
Let me try to add it in the os repo, after it will be signed, and
repodata regenerated.

Cheers,

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab