[Arm-dev] raspi2 - ntfs, poptop, etc

david david at daku.org
Sun Jan 17 05:40:31 UTC 2016

At 09:31 PM 1/16/2016, you wrote:
>Check the x86_64 repos and see if they are there, as I would expect.
>Then work with our builders to get them added.
>
>If they are in the epel7_x86_64, then join the 'figure out how to
>get epel7-arm' built group....
>
>On 01/16/2016 11:06 PM, david wrote:
>>Folks
>>
>>In my attempts to get a Raspberry Pi 2 environment (using Centos7 -
>>arm7hl 1511) working and doing the kinds of server things I think I
>>would like, I noticed that there's no support for several goodies
>>I'm used to using:
>>
>>  pptpd (poptop)
>>
>>  ntfs-3g (for reading windows disks)
>>
>>  perl-Authen-PAM
>>
>>I've consulted the repositories supplied with the 1511 distribution, plus:
>>
>>epel (baseurl=http://repo.medon.htt-consult.com/epel7/noarch)
>>

>>Is there anything in plan for these items?
>>
>>My goal is to replace some Centos 6 ancient machines with Arm plus
>>external hd.
>>
>>David

Robert:
If "join the 'figure out...' is a statement that others are awaiting
the completion of that task, then yes, I'll add my voice.  I wish I
retained the development skills I once had way-back-when (when
systems were simpler), but I have little experience in compiling and
building linux stuff.  My background goes back to the 80s with Tandem
computers.  In the Centos/Linux world, all I can do is be patient,
try to describe undesirable behavior in a clear way for the
developers, and wait.

I think for me the best is to keep trying things, and if I read the
leaders' comments properly, we'll eventually get a fully functional
Centos 7 on Arm.  It may take a year, but nothing I'm doing is pressing.

David