[Arm-dev] kernel rebase for rpi2/rpi3 : call for feedback !

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Mon Jul 11 17:22:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just rebased the raspberry pi 2/3 kernel to 4.4.14, with a specific
patch to cover also selinux/auditd support.

I'd like to have some additional testers (tested on my rpi2 and rpi3
boards).
Create (for example) the /etc/yum.repos.d/kernel.repo file with the
following content :

[kernel]
name=rpi kernel
baseurl=http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/arm-kernels/rpi2-4.4.14/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

Then a traditional "yum update ; systemctl reboot"
If you want to have selinux working, feel free to follow
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32?highlight=%28arm32%29#head-8b8960abcc7e5db62db38ba3be975343e15dca14
, except that for rpi2/rpi3, there is no /boot/exlinux/extlinux.conf,
but rather edit /boot/cmdline.txt

Thanks for the feedback, and then we'll be able to sign/push those to
mirrors (and also include those in newer images for rpi2/rpi3)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab