[Arm-dev] Request for a new package: raspberrypi-vc

Jordi Sanfeliu jordi at fibranet.cat
Wed Jul 27 06:30:03 UTC 2016

On 07/26/2016 08:18 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 26.07.2016 o 16:36, Jordi Sanfeliu pisze:
>>
>> Following the Fabian Arrotin recommendation, I open here the request to
>> include the 'raspberrypi-vc' package into the CentOS 7 EPEL repository,
>> or in the main tree.
>
>> The following are the small modifications I made on the .spec file to
>> accomplish it:
>
> So basically you killed build dependencies, then runtime dependencies
> (but not fully) and hope that someone would add such random hack into
> repository?

Well, I just wanted to see if the original .spec file was enough to
build the package on a CentOS 7, but it failed due the version in a
dependency that I was unable to satisfy. As a matter of test, I realized
that after commenting that line it built fairly well, so I thought that
it would be relatively easy to include that package into the CentOS 7
repository (or in EPEL).

Of course, I'm not saying that the modified .spec file must be the
definitive, it indeed will need some changes to accommodate better to
the CentOS 7 package guidelines, but that's a work for an expertise hand. ;)

Regards.

--
Jordi Sanfeliu
FIBRANET Network Services Provider