[Arm-dev] Centos 7 - aarch64 gcc spec file bug

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jul 29 00:38:16 UTC 2016

Bugs can be filed at bugs.centos.org

> ( Missing aarch64 )
> %ifarch %{ix86} x86_64 ppc ppc64 ppc64le ppc64p7 s390 s390x aarch64 %{arm}
> %global build_libatomic 1
>

> I did a smoke test and was able to bootstrap both using f21 aarch64.
> Have the rpms if needed.

Some of the gcc bits I had patched out of the initial gcc build, because
of the lack of early support and/or bootstrap pain (primarily ada and
related bits).

Unfortunately building against f21 can potentially cause issues with
gcc/glibc artifacts because of the newer glibc/gcc included in fedora.

When we did the initial port/build for this, we had to start from f19
aarch64 builds and work up from there because of this. If you can
(re)build against the el7 aarch64 build, that will give you a better
result. I'll poke it tomorrow.

--
Jim Perrin