[Arm-dev] NXP more driver patches on LS2080 SoC

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Jun 27 18:12:39 UTC 2016

On 06/23/2016 11:06 AM, Lijun Pan wrote:
> On 06/23/2016 12:00 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> On 06/22/2016 06:54 PM, Lijun Pan wrote:
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> Please review and help merge the attached patch for NXP.
>>> The patch is re-based on top of sig-altarch7-aarch64 branch.
>> Certainly, though it will probably be monday before I have a chance to
>> review it. I'm traveling back from the OPNFV summit today.
>>
>> My initial question would be:
>> Have these updates been accepted/merged in the upstream/mainline kernel,
>> and if so can you point me to an acceptance ack for them?
>>

> Yes, they are already accepted by mainline kernel.
> I cherry-picked them from mainline kernel.

Right, but some of these appear to not be upstream yet. the 8th and 9th
patches included in this rollup don't seem to be in linux-next or the
torvalds-linux tree that I can see. #8 has questionable logic around the
config that may not be correct. #9 is complicated enough that I'm having
trouble following it, so without a reference to that one being upstream
I'm leaning toward pulling it out.

--
Jim Perrin