[Arm-dev] Pine64 Support

Fri Jun 24 03:11:13 UTC 2016
Mike Calderwood <guitarplayer03 at gmail.com>

Hello all.  I was hoping to get some information about how to get CentOS
up and running on a board that is not yet on the supported list.  I have
a brand new Pine64 ( https://www.pine64.com/ ) that I'd love to have
CentOS on if possible, so I figured I'd give a go at getting it up and
running.  And if I can help give back to a project that I've grown very
fond of over the years, even better.

That's the good news.  Now the bad:  I have basically no idea where to
start.  I have zero experience with ARM besides taking existing SD card
images and flashing them on devices like a Raspberry Pi. I'm also not a
kernel developer or anything else wonderful like that (though I am a
software developer by hobby and trade).  I apologize for requiring so
much hand-holding, but hopefully I can make something resembling
progress with enough assistance.  If anyone can point to some good
resources to give me a basic understanding of what I need (which will
tell me if I'm even in a position to do this in the first place), I'd
really appreciate it.  Thanks for the help and for all the great work
you've all done already!

Mike