[Arm-dev] Pine64 Support

Fri Jun 24 16:26:27 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 06/24/2016 10:41 AM, Uli Middelberg wrote:
> It would be great to have an 'official' archive containing the rootfs
> contents, created/updated by the automated build chain. Other Linux
> distributions like Ubuntu or Arch offer this kind of service as well.
+1.  CentOS 7 has been rock solid on my testing ODroid C2, even with
some kernel upgrades from HardKernel.  Note though that C7's gcc will
not build the HardKernel sources successfully, as the Linaro 4.9.x gcc
is the 'standard' gcc for them.  So I keep a stock Ubuntu image around
and boot it occasionally on my dev C2 to get the newest kernel items,
and I have built up a process (not yet automated) for upgrading an SD
card in my C7 laptop using the Ubuntu image along with the C7 rootfs as
on the booting SD.  It's dead-simple, really, and involves replacing the
kernel files on the FAT boot partition and then the includes and modules
from the Ubuntu rootfs.

I'd like to do a native build, but I just haven't had the time to build
an aarch64 rpm of the linaro 4.9.x toolchain. (It's available for x86_64
as a cross-compiler).