[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 5 13:30:13 UTC 2016

On 05/03/16 13:11, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 12:39:02PM +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> Just out of interest, what is better about the AMD Seattle CPU
>> compared to the X-Gene on the Gigabyte board?
>
> A57 cores.  Memory bandwidth is slightly faster too.

I cannot claim to have investigated the differences between A57 and
X-Gene in great detail but from the quick overview table here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ARMv8-A_cores
it looks like if anything the X-Gene is likely to be faster given it has
a L3 on-chip cache which A57 doesn't seem to.

Gordan