[Arm-dev] Self introduction - Shubham Minglani

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Fri Mar 11 15:37:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-11 15:30, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 11/03/16 15:27, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> I'm not asking if it works on Linux, I'm asking if it works on
>> Linux distribution versions that use systemd. The two are not even
>> similar.
>
> today, by and large that is the same question.

Apart from, for example, those many deployments of EL6 that aren't
getting upgraded to EL7 specifically because of systemd. I have
worked with a number of clients that match that description.

>> And I don't think it is a strange question, especially in given
>> articles like this:
>>
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/676831/
>
> you should read it, yes :)

I did, in detail, and it is hardly a story of how docker and
systemd work well together. The mentions of having to run a
privileged container if systemd runs inside it, or a special
version of systemd for containers doesn't paint that pretty
a picture for standardisation, uniformity and clean
inter-operability.

It seems like an awful lot of complication for the sake of
systemd apologism.

Gordan