[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 17:03:46 UTC 2016

On 11/03/2016 16:45, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:31:20AM +0000, Michael Howard wrote:
>> 5 seconds only to be precise, at least on my board :)
> I found TFTP to be slower and more unreliable than that.  However my
> TFTP server is dnsmasq running on an old box,

That could be the reason then. Sdcards are painfully slow so you get
what you pay for metaphorically speaking. No big deal either way I guess
but I much prefer tftp here on a completely 1Gb network and a tftp
server on a 24/7 Xenserver VM.

> so that could be a
> factor.  Anyway, flashing TianoCore worked for me (see elsewhere on
> this thread) and means the box doesn't depend on the network to boot.

Each to their own of course but if I have no network, my server isn't
much use to me.

--
Mike Howard