[Arm-dev] (no subject)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:54:18 UTC 2016

>> In short, the processes and testing ensures folks like you don't have
>> >
>> > You make a most compelling argument. Thanks for this. :)
>>
>> the other thing is - some level of standards... and enablement, docker
>> and k8s on aarch64 is consistent across the entire armserver markets.
>
> Prior to real hardware, we were porting under QEMU with userspace emulation
> only + Ubuntu. Talk about slow builds. This thing is lightning fast
> comparatively.

+1.

I have a "test script from hell" as I call it. It takes about 4 hours
to run on a modern PC, and it builds the libraries and runs the self
tests under various configurations. Using QEMU, it would take 3 to
5days to run. Under a Hikey (ARM64) or Cubie Truck Plus (ARM32), it
takes about 12 hours to run.

Jeff