[Arm-dev] Self introduction - Shubham Minglani

Troy Dawson yortnoswad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:02:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org> wrote:

> On 2016-03-11 15:02, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> On 11/03/16 12:42, Shubham Minglani wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> I was learning RPM packaging in the past week and I recently got my
>>> hands on a Raspberry Pi 3 in the last CentOS Dojo here in Bangalore,
>>> India (thanks to the CentOS team).
>>>
>>> So, I would like to help with porting some packages to this platform,
>>> and will be posting the issues I run into, here and on #centos-arm,
>>> which will be a lot :)
>>>

>> great to see you active here.
>>
>> Were you going to look at the docker packaging as a first cut ? and then
>> maybe down through the stack related in the container space ?
>>

> Is docker actually sanely workable on systemd?

OK, so nobody answered the original question.

Does docker work on a systemd based system?
Yes, quite well

Does docker work on RHEL7 and it's clones?
Yes, quite well

Does docker work on RHEL7 clones of alt architecture (armv7)?
Yes.
The original problems weren't with systemd, they were with golang.  Once
the golang issues were resolved, docker worked.

Troy