[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 12 09:54:25 UTC 2016

So I just got my MP30-AR0 fitted into a case, and I have a few
observations and questions.

1) The machine seems to not POST with lopsided memory configurations.
For example, I have 6x8GB RDIMMs, and it POSTs with 4 DIMMs in the blue
slots, but doesn't POST with the extra 2 DIMMs added to the black slots
on banks 0 and 1. Is this expected?

2) u-boot doesn't appear to be responding to keystrokes to interrupt the
boot sequence via network KVM console. Am I missing a trick here? How do
I interrupt the boot without using a directly connected USB keyboard?