[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 12 15:17:39 UTC 2016

On 12/03/16 13:44, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 12/03/2016 13:36, Gordan Bobic wrote:

>>> Ok, tried SOL and that works here. I used;
>>>
>>> ipmitool -I lanplus -H 192.168.1.81 -U admin -P password sol activate
>>
>> You, sir, are awesome. :)
>> Not to mention right - for some reason u-boot did indeed decide to go
>> to serial only with no VGA.
>>
>> What setting is used to control that?
> To be honest, I don't know. I've had the box next to me while I've been
> 'playing' and out of habit tend to use the serial console cos that's
> what was traditionally available on arm devices. I only discovered the
> 'switch' from vga/serial by accident having left the usb keyboard
> plugged in. I did notice that with both (serial & vga) hooked up, not
> all output appears on vga whilst it does on serial, hence I stuck to
> serial. I can live without the penguin.

Yes, so can I, and VGA out comes back to life once UEFI loads. Also,
unce UEFI loads, the remote network console via the Java client starts
to work, too.

Disappointingly, the fact that u-boot seems to arbitrarily decide to
stop using local console, does seem to make it's usefulness rather
diminished as the first stage boot-loader. :-(

But yay, I have it working! :)

Now to put Tianocore files onto the UEFI partition...

Gordan