[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 12 19:02:12 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 02:32:50PM +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> X-Gene Mp30ar0 Board
> Boot firmware (version 1.20.03-uhp built at 11:18:31 on Feb 22 2016)
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020003 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020002 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020003 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020002 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020003 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020002 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3020003 I0
> PROGRESS CODE: V3021001 I0
>
> ***
> (Note: Boot stops there for long enough to be concerning. Give it a
> minute and it will eventually get further.)
> ***

Yup - this is normal, unfortunately.  You could rebuild TianoCore with
debugging enabled (which outputs a really enormous amount of debugging
in my experience is generally annoying), and that could tell you what
it's doing.  Anyway, as long as it eventually gets past that, all good :-)

> Make sure the install DVD is inserted, pick 1, and type in:
>
> FS1:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTAA64.EFI

UEFI is like a DOS shell, so you can also do commands like:

fs1:
dir
cd \efi\boot
dir