[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 16:47:36 UTC 2016

On 13/03/2016 16:27, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 13/03/2016 16:10, Gordan Bobic wrote:

>>> This may be a compatibility issue with ipmitools package, the protocol
>>> is clearly compatible though. I guess you can't load the ipmi_si
>>> module?
>>> I created /dev/ipmi0 manually but it made no difference to the error
>>> displayed.
>>

>> # modprobe ipmi_si
>> modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'ipmi_si': No such device
>>
>> So I'm wondering if a different driver is needed. Or a patch for this
>> one.
>>
> No, that's the correct driver, it just can't find the BMC at the
> default location. If we knew the location we could tell ipmi where to
> look.

Just had a thought, sensors work (according to the scant manuals) within
the provided Ubuntu image and also the onboard OpenLinux installation.

I would need to re-install u-boot (as chainloading UEFI screws
something) to check the OpenLinux side of things but I can burn the
ubuntu image to sdcard and try that. Maybe the BMC address is configured
in there somewhere. Maybe give it a go later.

--
Mike Howard