[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Phong Vo pvo at apm.com
Mon Mar 14 14:29:01 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

X-Gene kernel does not support ipmitools, which relies on OpenIPMI driver
(using /dev/ipmi).

Instead, communications to the BMC is via  SSIF over /dev/i2c.

You can either use ipmitools with the BMC LAN interface directly (out of
band), or freeipmi (inband).

I don’t have the information handy at this time – will follow up tomorrow.

-Phong