[Arm-dev] RaspberryPi 3 image released

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Mar 16 12:37:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

In the last couple of days I was busy on various things, but got help
from Henrik Andersson (thanks a lot!) about bumping/fixing the kernel we
used for the CentOS 7 image.
The kernel was bumped to 4.1.19 and includes now additional patch for
auditd+selinux support (yay !), and that kernel will also be used for
the next Rpi2 image build
Auditd works fine but there is still some issues with the kernel (built
from sources) from rpi and the default selinux policy, meaning that
actually the image is shipped in Permissive mode only.

The emdeded wifi nic works, but needs manual intervention (written in
the /root/README file) as one needs to download the needed firmware for
that broadcom chip. (I have a working srpm/rpm for it already, but due
to license evaluation, we decided to not ship it, ut rather give
instructions for people willing to do that themselves)

Link to the image :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1511-RaspberryPi2.img.xz
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab