[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 19 09:21:47 UTC 2016

On 17/03/16 08:05, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 17/03/2016 01:24, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> On 2016-03-14 22:14, Michael Howard wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't build an RPM  as I came
>>> across a packaging problem, an aarch64/UTS_MACHINE issue I believe and
>>> I had no idea how to solve it nor could I spend any real time
>>> investigating it.
>>
>> I have put together some kernel rpms:
>> http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/misc/aarch64/
> Cool. Did you have any problems? make rpm-pkg failed for me at packaging
> stage, with an error something like;
>
> |scripts/Makefile.fwinst:43: *** mixed implicit and static pattern rules.
> Stop. make[2]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 2|

Speaking of the kernel, I seem to be having a problem. On the kernel
above, if I modprobe different SATA/SAS drivers, I get an immediate
kernel lock-up for which the only cure is the hard-reset (I can only
complete the boot if blacklist the drivers with the PCIe SATA card
installed).

But here's the weird part - the CentOS 4.2.0 kernel doesn't have this
problem. So I'm wondering if the CentOS kernel has patches that
specifically address this, or whether this is an upstream bug, either a
regression since 4.2.x or a bug that manifests when using 4KB memory pages.

I have thus far reproduced this with a SIL3132 2-port SATA card and a
3ware 9650SE-16ML 16-port SAS card. I don't have any other SATA
controllers handy to test with.

Do you happen to have any SATA/SAS controllers you could try (or have
tried) with your kernel on this board?

Gordan