[Arm-dev] AltArch Kernel Sources

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Sat Mar 19 13:43:01 UTC 2016

On 03/19/2016 08:02 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 19/03/16 12:51, Jim Perrin wrote:
>>

>> On 03/19/2016 04:12 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>>> Bump. It seems the kernel binary rpm doesn't match the availability of
>>> the sources for it. I can find no src.rpm matching the binary, and the
>>> CentOS git doesn't seem to include this version:
>>> https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!kernel-aarch64
>>>

>> You're looking in the wrong place. That's the git tree for the redhat
>> provided rhel(sa) sources. We don't modify that tree.
>>
>> You want the sig-altarch7-aarch64 branch from
>> https://git.centos.org/summary/sig-altarch!kernel.git
>
> Ah... My bad.
> In that repository, README.md says to look for the c7 branch - and there
> appears to be no c7 branch.
> Is the "sig-altarch7-aarch64" branch the correct one to use going forward?

In most cases, yes. I take the default rhelsa sources and periodically
roll patches submitted to the list (and CVE fixes as needed) into that
branch. I need to write up the 'patches accepted' guidelines on the
wiki, to formalize that process a bit.

>>> Can you please provide the full src.rpm used to build the
>>> kernel-4.2.0-0.26.el7.1.aarch64 package?
>>

> http://people.centos.org/jperrin/srpms/kernel-aarch64-4.2.0-0.26.el7.1.src.rpm
>

> Thanks, most appreciated.
>
>> I might also recommend a new thread rather than just a subject change
>> for discussions like this. This message was very nearly lost to me as
>> I've stopped watching the gigabyte board thread.
>
> Apologies, fixed now.

No worries at all. I tend to skim top-level subject lines to see if
there's something interesting or that I need to respond to. Otherwise
I'd be buried in email for the rest of my life. Downside is that I
sometimes miss threaded messages I should otherwise watch. One of these
days I'll attempt some improvements in my mail filtering.

--
Jim Perrin