[Arm-dev] Request for additional packages

Tue Mar 1 22:17:34 UTC 2016
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 06:39:30PM +0700, Phong Vo wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I need aarch64 builds for the following packages as we rely on them for
> various testing.
>
> + iperf2
> + iperf3
> + iozone
> + nginx
> + xdd
>
> Please see if you can incorporate them in 7.2 aarch64 distro.

RHELSA is released by Red Hat with a certain set of packages that are
deemed suitable by Red Hat.  CentOS takes these packages and rebuilds
them.  I checked and Red Hat released:

  iperf 2.x - in RHEL 6, but not RHEL 7
  iperf 3   - never
  iozone    - never
  nginx     - never
  xdd       - never

If you need packages on top of the ones provided by Red Hat, then you
have to use a separate channel called EPEL:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

EPEL is a public project which anyone can build packages for.  You
just have to apply to become a packager and start submitting packages.

Having said that, there is not yet an aarch64 channel in EPEL, but
there is work going on to add this.

Rich.