[Arm-dev] Epel pkgs for armhfp

Sat Mar 5 21:22:24 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

It's a question we receive a lot (not only this list, but also on irc,
or even mails and direct discussions) but the actual status isn't really
clear. It seems that something is slowly going on but hardware
availability and other things have to be solved first at the epel side.
(see for example this blog post about other arches in epel, and centos :
http://smoogespace.blogspot.be/2016/02/epel-proposal-4-build-it-all-in-centos.html)

So, as some of us still need those packages, I've just created an
epel-pass-1 plague target, and I just started to rebuild some of the
packages. The primary goal is at least to show that it can be done, and
also to help actual users who need those packages. (and all of us
rebuilding the same SRPM[s] on our side is a waste of time)

I haven't submitted the whole EPEL source pkgs list to the builders, but
just some pkgs that I thought most people would be interested in .

Pkgs (unsigned/untested) will appear here :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/

While build/root logs will appear (as usual) here :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/

Willing to test ? Give feedback ? submit a list of pkgs you want to see
built ?
Feel free to comment

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab