[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Sat Mar 5 11:22:15 UTC 2016
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 11:12:00AM +0000, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 05/03/2016 11:06, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 10:26:25AM +0700, Phong Vo wrote:
> >>There should be no issue of replacing U-boot in SPI nor with the mp30ar0
> >>Tianocore version.
> >>But you need to use the mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img I provide, not the one
> >>supplied
> >>with the Mustang board. It was likely the person burn the wrong BIOS on
> >>the board!
> >>
> >>You can burn the Tianocore image from U-boot using TFTP. Please check and
> >>setup your U-boot
> >>variables:
> >>
> >>media_addr_r=0x4001000000
> >>media_img=mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
> >>spi_load=tftp ${media_addr_r} ${user_dir}/${media_img}
> >>spi_update=sf probe 0; sf erase 0x0 ${filesize}; sf write ${media_addr_r}
> >>0x0 ${filesize}
> >>
> >># run spi_load   <== Make sure it is successful
> >># run spi_update
> >># reset
> >>
> >>If there is any issue, it's still recoverable using SD card.
> >As a warning to anyone else, that bricked mine.
> >
> Since your post yesterday? Did u-boot chainload UEFI ok prior to
> attempting the permanent change?

Chainloading UEFI worked (albeit tedious and slow and requiring a
network connection).

I wanted to permanently get rid of u-boot because I want to see if we
can turn these boards into real (SBSA/SBBR) server hardware that can
run RHEL.

I'm just going through the SD card recovery procedure now -- section
2.7 of the Software Reference Guide.  Will report back ...

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v