[Arm-dev] Self-introduction: Stephen Smoogen

Fri Mar 11 17:05:55 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 11/03/16 17:51, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 01:13:48PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Hi my name is Stephen Smoogen, and I am joining the CentOS ARM group
>> to help on getting EPEL packages ported to this version of the OS.
>>
>> I have worked in CentOS back in the EL-5 days doing some QA and other
>> work as needed. I am currently working in Fedora Project in the
>> infrastructure group with a primary interest in EPEL.
>>
>> I will be ordering a RaspPi 2 (or 3 if that is what I get) to do the
>> testing on. I will also be working on any build issues that I can.
>
> Hi Smooge, ping me if you need any help to build EPEL packages.
>
> Question: Is it OK to build them on RHEL?  (I mean just for
> reproducing bugs etc - obviously the final packages will be built in
> Koji).
>
> Rich.

That would be difficult, as there is no RHEL armhfp/armv7hl :-)
That's also probably the reason why EPEL builds for such arch never
started in Koji as that would mean embracing CentOS as the default
buildroot for at least those arches that don't exist upstream.
For aarch64 that's probably a different discussion as RHELSA will appear
one day (but is already available ad Development Preview)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab