[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Sun Mar 13 11:18:03 UTC 2016
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

On 12/03/16 17:12, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 12/03/2016 16:42, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> On 12/03/16 16:31, Michael Howard wrote:

>>> On my modified 4.5.0-rc6 I do see 4 nics but the fourth is bogus as
>>> the hwaddr is nothing like and I can't physically test at the mo. I
>>> don't think there is support yet for the second 10Gb nic.
>>
>> So mainline 4.5.0 works without needing extra patches?
> Yes.

I just build 4.4.5, and that works without any extra patches, too.
Impressive. This is starting to get close to x86 as far as the lack of
hoop jumping goes.

>> What config did you use? The one from the CentOS kernel (with make
>> oldconfig or similar)?
> Yes, I started with the original config, accepting all defaults, then
> made the changes I neeeded/wanted.

Worked for me, too.

> As I said earlier, I can't physically test my 10G ports at the mo and
> the mac address of eth3 is wildly out. However, ethtool does report (the
> same as eth2);
>
> # ethtool eth3
> Settings for eth3:
>          Supported ports: [ FIBRE ]
>          Supported link modes:   10000baseT/Full
>          Supported pause frame use: No
>          Supports auto-negotiation: No
>          Advertised link modes:  10000baseT/Full
>          Advertised pause frame use: No
>          Advertised auto-negotiation: No
>          Speed: 10000Mb/s
>          Duplex: Full
>          Port: FIBRE
>          PHYAD: 0
>          Transceiver: internal
>          Auto-negotiation: off
>          Link detected: no
>
> so maybe it's just a mis reported mac address.

I'm also seeing the extra NIC with 4.4.5, but as you also described, the
reported MAC address is wrong.

I wasn't intending to use the fibre ports anyway, though.

Gordan