[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0, nomodeset, and retaining output on serial console

Thu Mar 17 18:46:18 UTC 2016
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

When the kernel boots and the fb driver initializes and the
initramfs starts, the output disappers from the serial console.
This seems to correspond to the display output switching to a
different mode. It is present during u-boot, Tianocore and grub,
however. Is there a way to tell the kernel to not change the mode
so that full control via the serial line can be retained? I tried
"nomodeset" which I think should do this by disabling modesetting,
but it has been ineffective. Is there a way to achieve this?