[Arm-dev] Silly question about expanding the root directory

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue May 3 14:05:15 UTC 2016

On 03/05/16 15:16, Ed Anderson wrote:
> I've been having serious issues trying to expand the file system in
> userland 7 on large micro-sd's. No problem with 32Gb or smaller but
> expanding a 64Gb or 128Gb turns the system into a brick and I have to
> rewrite the install image.  Before expanding, the systems run fine on
> the large (mostly unused) micro-sd cards...  Tried this on both Pi2 and
> Pi3.  Ideas? What am I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice...
> --
> -E
>
> Ed Anderson

TBH I don't think someone tested it on something bigger than 32Gb (at
least on my side). Something maybe to investigate at the code level ?
the rootfs-resize tool/code is located here :
https://github.com/ctyler/rootfs-resize
So maybe something to report upstream (in the "issues" section) and then
see if we can rebuild a fixed rpm (that we'd then use in the new images,
but also we'd put it in the extras repo)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab