[Arm-dev] Wrong permissions on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

GalaxyMaster gm.outside+arm-dev at gmail.com
Sat May 21 07:57:01 UTC 2016

All,

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 3:05 PM, (GalaxyMaster)
<gm.outside+arm-dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand it correctly, it has nothing to do with SELinux LSM,
> but a misconfiguration of the kernel source.  [...]
[skipped]
>[...]  Anyway, I'm going to build a
> kernel that matches the hardware and we will see whether it would
> help.  For your builds, however, I'd suggest to adjust
> LSM_MMAP_MIN_ADDR to 32768 or even lower, like 16384.  This will
> likely make your build be able to run in the enforcing mode with the
> default CentOS 7 targeted policy.
>
> P.S. Will update once my Pi3 is running in the enforced mode of SELinux.

Confirmed, a kernel rebuilt with LSM_MMAP_MIN_ADDR set to 32768 works
with the default targeted SELinux policy with no issues:
===
Last login: Sat May 21 07:42:30 2016 from home.fritz.box
[root at centos-rpi3 ~]# uname -a
Linux centos-rpi3 4.1.19-v7 #1 SMP Sat May 21 07:09:33 UTC 2016 armv7l
armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
[root at centos-rpi3 ~]# semanage export
boolean -D
login -D
interface -D
user -D
port -D
node -D
fcontext -D
module -D
[root at centos-rpi3 ~]# audit2why -b
<no matches>
[root at centos-rpi3 ~]# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /sys/fs/selinux
SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
Loaded policy name:             targeted
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy MLS status:              enabled
Policy deny_unknown status:     allowed
Max kernel policy version:      29
[root at centos-rpi3 ~]#
===

I'm not going to dump the output of semodule -l, but trust me there
are no custom modules.  My goal is to bring this image as close to the
official CentOS7 as possible.

Now, a question: why did we deviate from CentOS7's default kernel
(which at this particular moment is 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7)?  If the
project is to port CentOS7 to Pi3 I'd suggest to keep inline with the
upstream since there may be incompatible changes in the interface
(e.g. I recall there was one such change in 3.* series which broke
strace and other binutils tools).

--
(GM)