[Arm-dev] unofficial EPEL package builds

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 25 16:21:55 UTC 2016

On 05/25/2016 05:16 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Some of the python-* and perl-* stuff has not built either.

Yeah, I found during my handbuilds of the GNUradio dependencies that
some python stuff has rather interesting dependencies (like that of
python-unittest2 as I recall, although I've slept since then....). And
the python3 (a buildreq for some packages but not an install req....)
rebuild failed in one of the build tests.  So if it just built to a
.noarch.rpm I just used the x86_64 EPEL 7 repo's .norach.rpm and went on
ahead.

So far the little C2 has been stable:
[root at localhost ~]# uptime
  16:08:10 up 22 days, 17:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.22, 0.08, 0.06
[root at localhost ~]#

and it is running a ShinySDR instance that, as long as I don't leave it
connected to the workstation for too long works great.

> Basically, at this point getting working things from there is a crapshoot :)
>
> but we are continuing to build this.  Depending on how this goes, we
> will be doing the same thing for armhfp (32 bit) and i686.

Yeah, it's been pretty cool to watch the number of built .src.rpms grow
towards the 5,494 src.rpm count that I have in my local EPEL 7 SRPM
mirror (which is a bit stale....).  So far I count 3,396 built src.rpms
in my mirror, but I haven't updated it today.

I for one really appreciate the effort; it would take a lot longer than
a month to have gotten anywhere close to this progress with the small
number of C2's that I have available to do builds.  Your hardware is
likely a great deal faster than mine.