[Arm-dev] Silly question about expanding the root directory, wifi?

Fri May 13 16:46:19 UTC 2016
Alan Corey <alan01346 at gmail.com>

I just wanted to confirm that this is a problem.  I have mostly 64 and
128 GB cards but I'll rob a 32 from a camera if it might work.

I've tried it about 4 times and it always panics.  Last time I was
connected by ssh from another box and did a cat of the instructions
then copied and pasted to make sure I had it exactly right.  Same
thing.  I'm using
CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1602-RaspberryPi3.img.xz  I tried
taking a few pictures of the screen with a camera if it would be
useful but it's probably not that hard to reproduce.  So I went
straight to the mailing list archives.

Also it's not recognizing the built-in wifi I think, but I haven't
found it in dmesg.  It doesn't show in ifconfig.  In some other place
I read something about the /root/README giving instructions on how to
download firmware for it, but it's not in the README I've got.

I run a static wired LAN that's not connected to the internet.  DHCP
over wireless gets to a phone tether and that's the only way to the
internet.

I've never tried Centos before, used to run Redhat sometimes about 12
years ago.  Mostly I use OpenBSD on i386, on my Pi I've also tried
Raspbian, FreeBSD, NetBSD.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX