[Arm-dev] Silly question about expanding the root directory, wifi?

Mon May 16 12:57:46 UTC 2016
Alan Corey <alan01346 at gmail.com>

> WRT the resize of the root partition .. it is very simple to just resize
> it when you write it to the sd card with fdisk as soon as you are done
> on the machine where it is already mounted.

I guess it depends what you're using. I tried expanding one with a
live CD Gparted once and it was a disaster.  I had started using it
though, thinking it had already been resized.  I usually don't know
the right block size to use with dd so I use Win32DiskImager to write
images, and I have no partition table editor for Windows.

I suppose it could be unmounted safely enough but you should change
the partition table before you start using it?  Then again with
splitfs that doesn't matter.