[Arm-dev] Raspberry Pi3 kernel (Was: Wrong permissions on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts)

Tue May 24 16:35:00 UTC 2016
Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org>

22.05.2016 03:36 "(GalaxyMaster)" <gm.outside+arm-dev at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Yes, they made the rpi-4.4.y branch to be their main branch.  I also
> compared the difference between rpi and kernel.org branches and the
> effort required to backport this to the current CentOS7 upstream
> kernel.  Although it is not huge (around 10MB of patches) it would
> require a week of my time to do so and I don't have a week right now.
> So I guess I'm fine with using rpi-* as upstream for now.

Sorry to say but if 10 megabytes of kernel patches is "not huge" for you
then where the border is? I had brand new platform/board patches which were
smaller than that and it was still far too much.