[Arm-dev] CentOS 7.3.1611 armhfp images : call for testers/feedback

Tue Nov 22 14:27:34 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 22/11/16 15:11, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you're interested in testing the freshly built images for armhfp
> (raspberrypi2/3, cubietruck, cubieboard, bananapi, and $yours if you
> request for it !), test images were pushed to
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/armhfp/
>
> Those are still test images, built from newer kernel + newer uboot
> images, and with rpm pkgs from 7.3.1611 tree.
> Please note that centos-userland-release is still 7.2.1511 (I need to
> bump it last, when the whole tree will be ready)
>
> As a reminder, all built images will start with selinux in permissive
> mode (also the rpi2/rpi3 ones) but you can follow the wiki instructions
> to put it to enforcing mode :
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32
>
> Happy testing !

Just before someone mentions it : the updated centos-userland-release in
7.2.1511 updates repository was creating the file needed for kernel update.
The way the images were generated had an issue to correctly set the
kvariant yum variable.
I'll correct the image build script but in the meantime, on those images
, one can run the following commands :

rm /etc/yum.repos.d/kernel.repo
yum reinstall centos-userland-release --disablerepo centos-kernel

And it should solve the issue present in those test images.

Cheers,

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab