[Arm-dev] Armv7 EOL

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Oct 8 16:19:28 UTC 2016

On 08/10/16 12:15, Nicolas Repentin wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can you tell me if CentOS 7 Armv7hl is maintained, and follow the same
> versions of packages as x86_64 versions?

Yes.

> What is the end of life date for this version?

I don't know for sure, but AFAIK it is expected to follow the usual
CentOS support cycle.

> Maybe it's better to use aarch64?

If your hardware is ARMv8, then it is definitely better to use aarch64.
Some ARMv8 CPUs don't even include ARMv7 support (so armv7hl binaries
won't work). ARMv7 instruction support is optional rather than mandatory
in ARMv8 spec, IIRC.

Gordan