[Arm-dev] kernel armhfp 4.4.26 - feedback wanted !

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Mon Oct 24 16:05:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

With the recent CVE-2016-5195 (aka "Dirty Cow"), we bumped the armhfp
kernels to the following version : 4.4.26 (both for "generic" and rpi2/rpi3)

Before releasing those to mirror.centos.org (and also sign those) we'd
like some people to test the updated/unsigned kernels (feedback wanted !)

- create the /etc/yum.repos.d/ .repo file pointing to corresponding
repo, depending on your board :
  - http://dev.centos.org/centos/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-generic/
  - http://dev.centos.org/centos/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-rpi2/
as an example, here is how it would look like :

[kernel-generic]
name=armhfp kernel generic
baseurl=http://dev.centos.org/centos/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-generic/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

or

[kernel-rpi2]
name=armhfp rpi2 kernel
baseurl=http://dev.centos.org/centos/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-rpi2/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

- now "yum clean all ; yum update"

PS : for rpi2/3, the system will automatically use the updated kernel on
next reboot
PS2 : for "generic" (so cubietruck, etc) you still need to :
- modify /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf to reflect new kernel
PS3 : depending on the image you're using for cubietruck/bananapi, the
/boot space is probably just too small, so dracuty will complain about
not able to probably build the -rescue- initramfs (which isn't needed) :
just be sure that kernel and initramfs were built before rebooting, and
you can also remove the undeeded files in /boot :
 rm uIm* uInit*

Cheers,
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab