[Arm-dev] Raspberry Pi 3 and Aarch64 image?

Uli Middelberg uli at middelberg.de
Fri Sep 9 16:15:00 UTC 2016

Am 27.07.2016 um 23:14 schrieb Jim Perrin:

> I probably should have mentioned this to you sooner, but as of this
> pasth monthly build, we're pushing a rootfs tarball (
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/CentOS-7-aarch64-rootfs-1606.tar.xz
> )  as well. It includes the distro kernel, and a few other bits as well.
> Happy to work with you on fine-tuning this if you want.

Sorry for the long delay ...

I've updated the wiki page [1] and the creation scripts [2] now in order to reflect this change. So far, I haven't found
anything which needed to be changed. Do you think you would be able to provide a corresponding rootfs for armhfp with
reasonable effort as well?

IMHO the distro kernel doesn't necessarily need to be included, may be adding the kernel config file would make sense (I
still appreciate the idea of having is list of mandatory / optional kernel options in order to provide a best match
legacy kernel for CentOS.)

Unfortunately I cannot use the board vendor supplied kernel package directly, so I still have to compile it from source
and put it aside (e.g. to my dropbox account). If you have an automated Aarch64 build chain, you may consider to
integrate the legacy kernel compilation as well (at least for Aarch64).

[1] https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wiki/Install-CentOS-7-on-your-favourite-ARMv8-ARM64-AArch64-board
[2] https://github.com/umiddelb/z2d/tree/master/odroid-c2