[Arm-dev] supported 64bit hardware

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 08:46:58 UTC 2016

Which 64 bit consumer-size board is the easiest to work with now?

I want to buy a few small ARMv8 boards to run CentOS on. Seems like a reasonable idea to offload simple services onto simple boards. Is this page still accurate?
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/AArch64

I don’t really know why 64 bits gets all the attention at this small scale, but that does seem to be where people are headed.
I’ve tried a few 32 bit boards, and it is fiddly work. I end up spending more time on the bootloader and kernel compilation and less time at the application level.

AFAICT, progress is being made getting Odroid C2 support into the kernel. Not so sure about Hikey and RPi3. Looks like Redhat is working with Applied Micro X-gene - I guess that's for the data center market.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Nick