[Arm-dev] supported 64bit hardware

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Wed Sep 21 15:02:58 UTC 2016

On 09/21/2016 02:50 AM, Nick Hardiman wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>

>> On 18 Sep 2016, at 16:13, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:
>> If you're interested in helping out with this, I would wholeheartedly
>> encourage you to join the efforts.
>

> Sorry to ask direct, I’m sure you have better things to do. I’ve been thinking about this, but I am not sure where to start.

This pretty much *is* what I do, it's not an inconvenience at all, so
don't worry about asking.

> What would you like to see? Is there someone who organizes things, or a wishlist perhaps?

So my focus is on the distro as a whole, and mostly aimed at the server
side of things. However quite a number of folks are looking at the
smaller boards (The odroid c2, the rpi3, the pine64, etc). While folks
like Uli have been great at building out images with our userspace, they
still mostly rely on the vendor kernels. Ideally I'd like to support
those chipsets with the distro kernel, so if someone wanted to provide
patches for enabling them that would be fantastic.

Beyond that, my wish list would also include a uboot that worked with
the 'common' boards and contained the latest uefi emulation patches, and
packages (or containers/Dockerfiles) for common arm or maker software.

Blogs, documentation, wiki help, etc is also welcome. I'm terrible at
documenting things so that would help immensely.

Probably also worth noting that I don't pretend to have all the answers.
How are you using this build? What would help you?

--
Jim Perrin