[Arm-dev] rng-tools missing and /dev/hwrng without driver

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Fri Apr 21 06:17:05 UTC 2017

On 17/04/17 17:39, SW at EU wrote:
> Hi,
<snip>

> there is no driver for this device. I have searched and found this link
> http://forum.lemaker.org/thread-23618-1-1.html which includes a link to
> the full story. If I read all right then on bananian /dev/hwrng appears
> only if the adapted or a more actual sun4i-ss.ko module is loaded (there
> is written: "module author has indicated this will be going into the
> mainline kernel shortly“). This module is also loaded on a Banana PI
> with current CentOS 7. So does the kernel of CentOS 7.3 for ARM32
> include this patch and if yes why it does not work or otherwise why this
> device appears but has no driver?

WRT kernel question, we're just following upstream vanilla kernel, that
is "RPMized", but we don't include specific patches, etc.
Is that sun4i-ss kernel module now already available "upstream" ? If
yes, we can have a look at enabling it (if not by default) for next
kernel builds

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab