[Arm-dev] Customizing Chronyd for no battery

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Apr 24 15:09:16 UTC 2017

On 04/24/2017 04:53 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 04/23/2017 11:21 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>>> Can you point me to instructions?  I looked at
>>>
>>> /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postfix.service
>>>
> The easy way is 'systemctl edit postfix'
> This will create appropriate file in
> /etc/systemd/system/postfix.d/override.conf. (or something like that)
> and you can go from there. Once you're sure exactly where the file will
> be then you can mess with it some more.

I am beginning to see...

I will have to develop a command that takes the current After= line out
of the default. service, append the wait-time and put that command into
this override.conf file.  A bit of a challenge.

>>> And the change I made to /usr/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service
>>> carried over, and the timestamp in /etc/systemd did not change. Strange.
>
> If you didn't systemctl daemon-reload, then that would be why.

No I did not.  I just did a systemctl restart postfix after the editing.

This is a test server.  Only a test server.  My howto is such that I can
start from a base image and get the working image up to current in about
1 hour, so once I work out enough of these issues, I will restart the
process.

thanks