[Arm-dev] Kernel ?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Aug 23 09:47:41 UTC 2017

On 08/23/2017 12:16 PM, Patrick Laimbock wrote:
> On 23-08-17 09:20, Nicolas wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> So after less than one day, I got my freezes.
>>
>> I just have to write something on my sata drive and the bananapi
>> reboots with watchdog.
>
> When I first got my Cubietruck with SSD I had freezes too. I solved it
> by booting the kernel with:
>
> libata.force=1.5G,noncq libata.dma=0
>
> (so add that to the 'append' line in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf)
>
> Also make sure the power supply provides enough power.
Start with that ^^ power is a bitch. and make sure the cable you use (
between power supply and pi ) is thick enough. It's amazing how much a
good cable counts. I had an issue once, the power supply was juicy
enough but the cable was thin and a bit too long. The voltage drop made
the whole system unstable. Problem solved by replacing the cable that
came with the power supply with a thicker one.