[Arm-dev] kernel-generic vs kernel-rpi2

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at rvx.is
Mon Dec 4 12:21:08 UTC 2017

On 4 December 2017 at 11:51, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> Yes, it's coming from centos-userland-release :
> rpm -q --scripts centos-userland-release :
> postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
> # Detecting if rpi or generic kernel
> egrep -q 'BCM2709|BCM2710' /proc/cpuinfo && echo rpi2
> >/etc/yum/vars/kvariant || echo generic >/etc/yum/vars/kvariant
>
> So normally it's detected correctly and so put the correct rpi2 value
> for kvariant when installed on a rpi2/rpi3

Funny, my device reports BCM2835.  (which indicates that it isn't RPI3 at
all).  I'm sure they are all in the BCM28xx range, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
also, difference between BCM27xx and BCM28xx:
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/840/why-is-the-cpu-sometimes-referred-to-as-bcm2708-sometimes-bcm2835

--
Kv,
Kristján Valur Jónsson, RVX