[Arm-dev] Three in production - Re: Progress on C7-armv7

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Fri Feb 10 14:22:59 UTC 2017

On 10/02/17 14:38, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
<snip>
> Next is my mailserver.  I will see how far I can get without
> perl-Log-Log4perl; please fix its dependencies soon!

Have you looked at what's needed ? and if so what wasn't built ?
perl-Log-Log4perl was built (and was even a noarch), so then what are
the dependencies ?
Can have a look later, but it's also how you can be a great help for
others : finding in the build logs which pkgs were built, and ask for a
requeue : sometimes it's just that a pkg wasn't built because
BuildRequires: pkg wasn't built (yet) , but is now there.

Also, keep in mind that we were  looking for this for CentOS itself, but
that Epel rebuilt is just a "best effort" ... so any help we can get
from community would be welcome ;-)

As a reminder, all public build logs (for epel) are available here :
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/

Just to help you get started in your "hunt" :

Error: Package: perl-Log-Log4perl-1.42-2.el7.noarch (epel)
           Requires: perl(RRDs)

from a x86_64 :
yum provides 'perl(RRDs)'
=> rrdtool-perl-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64 : Perl RRDtool bindings

that's a [base] pkg, but not from 7.3.1611, but rather from 7.2.1511, so
here we can find the logs :
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c71511-pass-1/7821-rrdtool-1.4.8-9.el7/armv7hl/build.log

So it built, and pkg is available here :
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c71511-pass-1/rrdtool/1.4.8-9.el7/armv7hl/

if it wasn't included in the [os] repo, that's probably that we had no
'repoclosure' so that pkg itself was needing something else .. so that's
a start

Grab so those pkgs, see what they need, etc, and then you can continue
chasing deps like this, until you find what's needed .. welcome to the
club ! :-)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab