[Arm-dev] Three in production - Re: Progress on C7-armv7

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 10 14:29:55 UTC 2017

Fabian,

On 02/10/2017 09:22 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 10/02/17 14:38, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> <snip>
>> Next is my mailserver.  I will see how far I can get without
>> perl-Log-Log4perl; please fix its dependencies soon!
>>
> Have you looked at what's needed ? and if so what wasn't built ?
> perl-Log-Log4perl was built (and was even a noarch), so then what are
> the dependencies ?
> Can have a look later, but it's also how you can be a great help for
> others : finding in the build logs which pkgs were built, and ask for a
> requeue : sometimes it's just that a pkg wasn't built because
> BuildRequires: pkg wasn't built (yet) , but is now there.
>
> Also, keep in mind that we were  looking for this for CentOS itself, but
> that Epel rebuilt is just a "best effort" ... so any help we can get
> from community would be welcome ;-)
>
> As a reminder, all public build logs (for epel) are available here :
> https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/
>
> Just to help you get started in your "hunt" :
>
> Error: Package: perl-Log-Log4perl-1.42-2.el7.noarch (epel)
>             Requires: perl(RRDs)
>
> from a x86_64 :
> yum provides 'perl(RRDs)'
> => rrdtool-perl-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64 : Perl RRDtool bindings

I don't have a x86_64 system to ask this on!  All here is Fedora 24
(this notebook) and a bunch of armv7 systems.

> that's a [base] pkg, but not from 7.3.1611, but rather from 7.2.1511, so
> here we can find the logs :
> https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c71511-pass-1/7821-rrdtool-1.4.8-9.el7/armv7hl/build.log
>
> So it built, and pkg is available here :
> https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c71511-pass-1/rrdtool/1.4.8-9.el7/armv7hl/
>
> if it wasn't included in the [os] repo, that's probably that we had no
> 'repoclosure' so that pkg itself was needing something else .. so that's
> a start
>
> Grab so those pkgs, see what they need, etc, and then you can continue
> chasing deps like this, until you find what's needed .. welcome to the
> club ! :-)

I will see what I can contribute next week.  This would all be a
learning experience.  I am very clue-short on building components. I
struggle at using components to build systems..  ;)'