[Arm-dev] A install cookbook - Re: Three in production - Re: Progress on C7-armv7

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 14 13:23:50 UTC 2017

Fabian,

On 02/14/2017 01:11 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 14/02/17 01:16, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I put together a simple html write up of how I build a Centos7-armv7
>> server at:
>>
>> http://medon.htt-consult.com/Centos7-armv7.html
>>
>> I have not linked it into my homepage, which itself needs work (just
>> finished updating my bio by 16 years!).
>>
>> Please give it a read and I accept all comments, other than formatting
>> unless it is easy to do, or you will take the source and make it nice
>> for me!
>>
>> Bob
> Nice howto Bob !
>
> I see you mentioned the testing kernel 4.4.42. if it's running for your,
> we can probably "promote" that kernel to normal kernel repo so that it
> can be available for everybody (and signed)

All of my systems are running it with no apparent issues.  I forgot to
mention in my howto about setting signing to off!  Well anyone that does
it and has some knowledge of yum will figure that out quickly.

So, I vote for promoting the 4.4.42 kernel and having it signed.  :)

> wrt static ip, I like nmcli on 7.x, but creating a cfg file is also good

I never mastered nmcli.  And I like cfg files for static interfaces.