[Arm-dev] ipa-server packages

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Feb 22 17:14:40 UTC 2017

On 22/02/17 18:07, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 22/02/17 12:48, Ente Trompete wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe I'm wrong but IMO I have found the ipa-server packages on your
>> arm32 repository last year (still CentOS 7.2). But now no ipa-server*
>> package any more (CentOS 7.3) and BTW for aarch64 also only
>> ipa-server-common-4.4.0-12.el7.centos.noarch.rpm are available. In the
>> Fedora 25 armhfp repositories freeipa-server* v4.4.1-3 packages are
>> offered. So I assume that it should work on ARM32 but otherwise on
>> Fedora everything is experimental and may not work ;-). Is there any
>> plan to build also the ipa-server* packages for ARM32 CentOS Userland
>> Linux or must we wait for future 7.x > 7.3 there Red Hat has officail
>> added ARM support (of course only for ARM64)?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Silvio
>>

> A thread was started for this 1 year ago :
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2016-February/001615.html
>
> I guess that if we get some patches for both the .spec (easy to do) and
> more  important the files mentioned in that report, we can rebuild ipa
> and in theory that should provide the -server part.

Just to add that for the build part (so not including the patches to
allow ipa server to start), I launched a test build that should appear
here (when finished) :
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c71611-updates-1/17474-ipa-4.4.0-14.el7.centos/
(and so https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c71611-updates-1/ipa/)

It would be good if you could confirm that those would work for you

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab